Thursday, January 5, 2017
Developing a beautiful website that is also functional and tailored to my business at the stage I have grown, is not easy. It not only takes patience, but it also takes introspection too. I have changed my approach to an online presence several times. As I learn about e-commerce, I also learn what works and what does not work for me. What is successful for others may not be successful for me or it may not fit my vision of where I want my business to be.
It will take me a little time to make the changes I have planned. I will post my progress as it happens. In the meantime I will remain on Blogger and on Facebook. I am looking forward to the new challenges.
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
Monday, November 21, 2016
Saturday I attended a local Christmas event as a vender. I was pleased with my setup which is something I have been concentrated on for sometime. My space looked GOOD. But I did not sell my products. What went wrong? This is what I learned.
1. Presentation is EVERYTHING. I will spend my off months improving my packaging of my beautiful HANDMADE products.
2. Two deminational is a hard sell. ALL of my wall art will be FRAMED.
3. Items in the back do not get seen. ALL of my novelty items will be out up front.
4. Signage is necessary. I will make BEAUTIFUL signs that invite customers to LOOK and BUY my items.
5. LEAVE MY HEARING AIDS HOME. Every event I have attended has been LOUD. My aids let in all the noise - very uncomfortable for me.
6. Get a good night's sleep the night before. It will be a LONG day.
I am determined not to be discouraged. I have a few months to regroup for next year.
Monday, November 14, 2016
Then making greeting cards. The more I play the more I want to try. This card is waiting for a sentiment and then it's done. I like the way my pens write over the paint. Thus releases me from having to frame everything. It opens more possibilities. I am pleased.
Thursday, November 10, 2016
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
A word out to my Bible Art Journaling Group. We will have a road trip to Creek Bank Creations in Perrysville for our last group next week. We will leave the library at 1:00 pm Central time. You may shop and still have time to get back for your children after school. I am excited that Julie Creek has made it possible to shop. Thank you Julie. We have enjoyed using the products that you so graciously leant us. We appreciate your giving heart.