Saturday I attended a local Christmas event as a vender. I was pleased with my setup which is something I have been concentrated on for sometime. My space looked GOOD. But I did not sell my products. What went wrong? This is what I learned.
1. Presentation is EVERYTHING. I will spend my off months improving my packaging of my beautiful HANDMADE products.
2. Two deminational is a hard sell. ALL of my wall art will be FRAMED.
3. Items in the back do not get seen. ALL of my novelty items will be out up front.
4. Signage is necessary. I will make BEAUTIFUL signs that invite customers to LOOK and BUY my items.
5. LEAVE MY HEARING AIDS HOME. Every event I have attended has been LOUD. My aids let in all the noise - very uncomfortable for me.
6. Get a good night's sleep the night before. It will be a LONG day.
I am determined not to be discouraged. I have a few months to regroup for next year.